720620 - Sri Nama, Gay Gaura Madhur Sware - Los Angeles
- The purport to this song can be heard here
- Harmonium: A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda
- Tampura: Kanuprīya dāsa
- Mṛdanga: Nanda Kumāra dāsa
- Karātalas: Karandhara dāsa
Gay Gaura Madhur Sware by Śrīla Bhaktivinoda Ṭhākura from Gītāvalī - Gold Series CD 3 Track 3
- gāy gorā madhur sware
- hare kṛṣṇa hare kṛṣṇa kṛṣṇa kṛṣṇa hare hare
- hare rāma hare rāma rāma rāma hare hare
Lord Gaurasundara sings in a very sweet voice, Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa, Hare Hare/ Hare Rāma, Hare Rāma, Rāma Rāma, Hare Hare.
- gṛhe thāko, vane thāko, sadā 'hari' bole' ḍāko,
- sukhe duḥkhe bhulo nā'ko, vadane hari-nām koro re
Whether you are a householder or a sannyāsī, constantly chant "Hari! Hari!" Do not forget this chanting, whether you are in a happy condition or a distressful one. Just fill your lips with the hari-nāma.
- māyā-jāle baddha ho 'ye, ācho miche kāja lo 'ye,
- ekhona cetana pe'ye, 'rādhā-mādhav' nām bolo re
You are bound up in the network of māyā and are forced to toil fruitlessly. Now you have obtained full consciousness in the human form of life, so chant the names of Rādhā-Mādhava.
- jīvana hoilo śeṣa, nā bhajile hṛṣīkeśa
- bhaktivinodopadeśa, ekbār nām-rase māto re
Your life may end at any moment, and you have not served the Lord of the senses, Hṛṣīkeśa. Take this advice of Bhaktivinoda Ṭhākura: "Just once, relish the nectar of the holy name!"