Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Srila Prabhupada's purports to Vaisnava acarya songs
In 1974, in his forward to the Songs of the Vaisnava Acaryas produced by Acyutananda Svami, Srila Prabhupada writes the following;
- I am greatly pleased to see this collection of songs composed by Thakura Bhaktivinoda, Narottama dasa, and other great acaryas of the Gaudiya Vaisnava community (sampradaya). Songs composed by the acaryas are not ordinary songs. When chanted by pure Vaisnavas who follow the rules and regulations of Vaisnava character, they are actually effective in awakening the Krsna consciousness dormant in every living entity. I have advised Sriman Acyutananda Svami to sing more songs of the Vaisnava padavali and record them in books so that my disciples and others in the Western countries may take advantage of this chanting and thus advance in Krsna consciousness more and more.
Srila Prabhupada delivers many spiritually potent insights as he explains the meanings of the great acaryas devotional songs. Please take the honor of translating the first of Srila Prabhupada's YouTube song purports in your own language.
Thirty-three 2 to 15 Minute Clips to Subtitle
(a total of 4 hours, 13 minutes and 26 seconds of audio)
- Each column is sortable.
- Column 1: Clip No. - A unique number allotted to each file;
- Column 2: DotSub Links - The transcribed text in English ready to be translated by you in your language;
- Column 3: Vaniquotes Audio Clip of Purport - Link to the Vaniquotes page with the purport for you to listen to while reading the text;
- Column 4: Vanisource Song and Purport - The song along with purport as presented in Vanisource for you to also hear and read if you want;
- Column 5: Date - Date of recording the purport;
- Column 6: Location - The place where Srila Prabhupada spoke the purport;
- Column 7: YouTube Links - The link to the Video on YouTube with existing subtitles for you to check your translation;
- Column 8: (mm:ss) - The duration of the audio clip to be translated.