Uniting Srila Prabhupada's Multi-lingual Family
Here is the listing of 1080 video clips totaling 102 hours 18 minutes & 27 seconds. Average time per clip is 5 minutes & 41 seconds. These clips took 23 months to create - from March 2013 (Gaura Purnima) to February 2015 (Nityananda Trayodasi)
- These 1080 video clips have been created from lectures and conversations given by Srila Prabhupada.
- 207 clips, totaling 18 hours 54 minutes & 51 seconds, are from live footage of Srila Prabhupada.
- 873 clips, totaling 83 hours, 23 minutes & 36 seconds, are from photos of Srila Prabhupada.
- Each of these 1080 clips - with varying lengths from 1 to 15 minutes - are all subtitled in the following 18 languages - English, Turkish, Persian, Hindi, Bulgarian, French, Latvian, Italian, Spanish, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Nepali, Russian, German, Dutch, Croatian, Gujarati, Slovak and Indonesian.
Devotees have subtitled over 500 videos each in the following 7 languages - Czech, Danish, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Swedish, Telugu and Yoruba.
55 other languages are in progress.
So far one video is translated into 84 languages, 5 videos are translated into 70+ languages, 35 videos are translated into 60+ languages, 39 videos are translated into 55+ languages, 54 videos are translated into 50+ languages, 70 videos are translated into 45+ languages, 133 videos are translated into 40+ languages, 172 videos are translated into 35+ languages, 210 videos are translated into 30+ languages, 384 videos are translated into 25+ languages, 904 videos are translated into 20+ languages, and 1080 videos are translated into 18 languages.
- 91 languages have 1 to 10 videos translated.
- 72 languages have 11+ videos translated.
- 64 languages have 25+ videos translated.
- 51 languages have 50+ videos translated.
- 44 languages have 100+ videos translated.
- 34 languages have 200+ videos translated.
- 30 languages have 300+ videos translated.
- 26 languages have 500+ videos translated.
- 23 languages have 700+ videos translated.
- 18 languages have 1080 videos translated.
This is a collaborative project developed by devotees of Srila Prabhupada who are coming together from all around the globe to create this unparalleled repository of his lectures and conversations subtitled in their own languages. To date 586 devotees have participated to create 31,750+ subtitles in 91 languages. As more of these videos are subtitled we facilitate people speaking various languages to see and hear from Srila Prabhupada.
All these translations also exist as Vanipedia pages. Each page is accompanied by an audio clip, a video clip with subtitles, a link to the original Vaniquotes page in English and a link to the original Vanisource page in English.
We aspire to get to 108+ languages and 40,000+ subtitles by February 2019 which commemorates the 52nd anniversary of Srila Prabhupada's first ever recorded speech the introduction to the Bhagavad-gita As It Is which he recorded in New York on the 19th and 20th of February 1966.
You are invited to relish the content within these videos, and if inspired to also join one of the translation teams. In either case you are warmly welcomed to open your hearts to the words of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada.
Tables Relating to the Multi-language Video Project
- In the above tables that have sortable columns is information relating to the Multi-language subtitle project of Vanimedia.
- You can read about the whole project, receive some instructions for translators to start serving and see the empowered results of the translators who are already serving.
Navigation to Subtitled Video Clips
|Introductory Video||Explanation of Video Information|
||Expand to 10 Million - 0001|
Video Title & ID Number linking to the Multi-language Subtitle Results Table
The image below displays a sample video ready for translation at DotSub:
Navigation to Subtitled Video Clips